1. Lifesaver is a web and mobile-based interactive application for training purposes only and completion of the modules does not constitute a certificate of competence as further training is recommended.
2. The use of Lifesaver as an interactive application is provided by The Resuscitation Council (UK), a registered charity (number 286360), ("RCUK"), on an "As is" basis. Use of the Lifesaver application is at your own risk.
2.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law: -
2.1.1 RCUK disclaims all liability whatsoever, whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or othewise in relation to the use of Lifesaver; and 2.1.2 All implied warranties, terms and conditions relating to the Lifesaver application (whether implied by statute, common law or otherwise), including (without limitation) any warranty, term or condition as to accuracy, completeness, satisfactory quality performance, fitness or purpose or any special purpose, availability, non-infrignment, information accuracy, inter-operability, quiet enjoyment and title are as between RCUK and you hereby excluded. Without prejudice to the aforegoing, RCUK does not accept any responsibility for any technical failure of the internet and/or Lifesaver or any damage or injury to users or their equipment as a result of or relating to their use of Lifesaver. Your statutory rights remain uneffected.
2.2 RCUK will also not be liable, in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence) under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the use of Lifesaver, for any:-
2.2.1 economic loss (including without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings; or 2.2.2 loss of goodwill or reputation; or 2.2.3 special or indirect or consequential loss,
2.3 Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of RCUK for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by the law of England and Wales.
2.4 RCUK does not warrant or make any representations as to the security of this site. Nor does not it warrant that the site or the servers which make this site available or electronic communications are free from viruses or any other harmful element.
3. This site has a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate (a means of keeping information secure). When you enter the site you will provide some personal information that is stored on a server. This information is in the nature of your name and email address and allows the site to be audited and provide statistical information.
4. Your personal details are strictly confidential and will not be shared with any other organisation save for in accordance with the provisions contained in paragraph 13 below. Your personal details may be transmitted outside of the European Economic Area by our third party website hosting services providers.
5. Appropriate technical and organisational measures will be taken against the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
6. The site is operated by The Resuscitation Council (UK) at Tavistock House North, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HR, registered charity number 286360. You can contact the Resuscitation Council (UK) via email@example.com
7. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Resuscitation Council (UK) at 5th Floor Tavistock House North, Tavistock Square, London WC1 9HR.
9. This site gives access to external websites, Facebook and Twitter. The RCUK makes no warranties representations or undertakings nor accepts any liability or responsibility in connection with the content or use made of any website linked to this website. You must comply with any of the terms and conditions of Facebook and Twitter and keep any account passwords confidential. You will be responsible for anything which happens on any of your accounts.
10. By using this site you agree to indemnify the RCUK and to keep the RCUK indemnified from and against any costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities suffered or incurred by the RCUK arising from or which is directly or indirectly related to your access to and/or use of the site.
11. All design, text and graphics displayed are copyrighted. None of the contents may be copied or incorporated into any other website or other work of any kind, in any form whatsoever.
12. You agree not to hack or reverse engineer, or acquire unauthorised access to, any part of the site, or attempt to do any of the foregoing.
13. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to RCUK sharing and/or processing any information you give us with the following third parties:-
13.1 Any appropriate regulatory body, the Police or other law enforcement agency where we are required to do so by law; or
13.2 Agents: RCUK may use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf including sending emails, organising promotions, surveys or polls, removing repetitive information from customer lists, comment hosting, website analysis, data analysis. Our agents will have access to your personal information if necessary to perform their function but they cannot use it or disclose it for any other purpose, unless you have specifically given them authority to do so; or
14. If you have any general questions about the Lifesaver application or the information RCUK have collected about you and how we use it, you can contact us at The Resuscitation Council (UK) at Tavistock House North, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9HR. You can also contact the Resuscitation Council (UK) via firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you have any questions or concerns about your information including what we hold and how we use it, you can contact us at email@example.com. You are entitled to request a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected.